HPCI News: July 2013 - Iowa Health Conference, September 10th....SAVE THE DATE
To: Members and selected others
September 10th, 2013
Are You Ready to Set Sail on the Health Care Reform Journey?
The Iowa Health Buyers Alliance in partnership with HPCI and the Eastern Iowa Human Resources Association (EIHRA) will hold its 7th statewide conference at the Hotel at Kirkwood Center in Cedar Rapids. Place an anchor on this date in your calendar and plan to join us on Tuesday, September 10th from 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. (immediately following EIHRA’s morning session on “Why Wellness and What Works” presented by Jen Musick, Health Solutions).
Navigation of rocky coasts and calm waters includes:
- Iowa Blue Zones Project
- Iowa Health Reform Update
- Affordable Care Act (ACA) requirements and deadlines for 2014 and beyond
- Accountable Care in Iowa: Engaging Providers, Payers, Patients and Government in Creating Health Care Value
- Importance of Transparency- with Transparency Comes Clarity and Accountability
- Chartbook of the Quality and Financial Performance of the Health Industry in the Greater Iowa Area
Lighthouses (i.e., featured speakers) include:
- David Goldhill, author, Catastrophic Care: How American Health Care Killed My Father and How We Can Fix It; attendees receive a free copy of his book!
- Michael Bousselot, Health Care Policy Advisor for Governor Branstad
- Stephanie Neff, Iowa Blue Zones Project
- David Swiskowski, M.D, and Joe LeValley, Mercy Des Moines and Mercy Health Network
- Dr. Ernest Moy, Medical Officer, Center for Quality Improvement and Patient Safety, Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality
Be watching for more details soon. For more information contact the IHBA office at (515) 778-6300 or email@example.com
Paul M. Pietzsch, MPH
HPCI - IHBA Office
4430 Ashley Park Drive
West Des Moines, Iowa 50265