4th Annual IHBA Statewide Health Conference
"Getting Quality Up and Cost Down"
- Date: October 22nd, 2009.
- Place: Clarion Inn Amana Colonies (formally Holiday Inn) I-80 at Exit 225.
- Time: 9:00 am to 3:00 pm with registration beginning at 8:15am with coffee, juice, rolls and muffins.
- Registration fee: Members $35 and Non-members $45. Register early since space is limited. Lunch is included for registrations prior to October 20th.
- Wellness That Works: - Becky Dunk, AEGON/ Transamerica Life Panel of employers and providers
- 50 minutes
- Consumerism in Health Care: - Jennifer Hubbard and Stephanie Downs, City of Ames - 50 minutes
Whereby national health care trends run in the double-digit range, the City of Ames has incurred a less than a 5% increase in medical and pharmacy claims per year over the last six years. This trend is the result of a proactive and collaborative approach to human capital risk by the City of Ames and their health care providers, Wellmark (Blue Cross Blue Shield of Iowa) and Outcomes. These entities have united their resources and collective intelligence to address the health of their insured members. Together, they have provided innovative and creative opportunities to maximize the health and human potential of the organization such as develop a 5 module classroom training course for covered employees and their families called Healthcare Consumerism: Putting Yourself in the Driver's Seat. This presentation will provide you with an overview of this program including a demo of a soon to be released on-line version of the program that will allow greater access to the information contained in the training for spouses or dependents on the plan. The Healthcare Consumerism program is a vital part of another health promotion program at the City of Ames, Health Employee 2010. Healthy Employee 2010 is a comprehensive program including yearly biometric screenings and PHA, coaching and participation in Healthcare Consumerism has a financial reward linked to benefits upon successful completion. Recent results of this program will also be shared.
- Navigating Treacherous Waters: Getting to Zero Spread Full Pass-through PBM Contract: Judd Turner, Navitus Health Solutions
- Improving Quality, Patient Safety and Value: - Lea Binder, Executive Director, The Leapfrog Group
- 50 minutes
- National Health Care Reform: Senators Harkin and Grassley (invited)
- Health IT and Iowa's Healthcare Information Exchange: - (speaker TBA)
With the addition of $34 billion from the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act, Health IT development is moving at a rapid rate. Consumers and purchasers need to know what's going on since it will impact everyone. Learn the latest about individual health accounts, confidentiality, engaging patients and families and other information.
- Wrap-up and Close
HPCI Chartbook of the Quality and Financial Performance of the Health Care Industry in the Greater Iowa Area
Links & Resources