"Getting Quality Up and Costs Down" - Iowa Health Buyers Alliance Seminar - October 25, 2006 - Cedar Rapids Marriott Hotel
You are invited!
The Iowa Health Buyers Alliance would like to invite you to attend this Seminar which promises to be a rich source of information on the leading edge issues and solutions in healthcare. The agenda, registration and accommodation information are posted on our website: www.ihbaonline.org. Please forward this announcement to others who may be interested and register today as space is limited! Print the agenda here. To have a brochure mailed to you, email Jill at IHBA, email@example.com or call 515-282-7727.
Topics and speakers will include:
- "Transparency of Health Care Quality & Cost Information" - Fred Schuster, Regional Director, Office of the Secretary, U.S. Department of Health & Human Services
- "Purchasing for Quality" - J. "Sean" Kenney, Ph.D., President/CEO of Labor Management Health Care Coalition of the Upper Midwest
- "Consumer Reports Best Buy Drugs" - Lynn Ohman, Outreach Team, Washington, DC
- "The Leapfrog Group" - Greg Belden, Director Regional Implementation, The Leapfrog Group
- "Creating Value in Pharmacy Benefits Programs" - Jordan Cohen, Ph.D., Dean, University of Iowa College of Pharmacy
- "Getting Medical Care Quality & Value Up" - David Swieskowski, MD, MBA, Vice President of Quality Improvement, Mercy Clinics, Inc., and Joel Hasenwinkel, Director of Clinical Collaboration, Wellmark Blue Cross and Blue Shield
- "Wellness and Lifestyle: A Win, Win, Win" - Kerry Juhl, Wellness Council of Iowa.
The Iowa Health Buyers Alliance is an association of health purchasers who have come together to identify, evaluate, recommend and provide access to cost-effective high performance policies, practices, providers, and products for its members. This October seminar is a first in a series of regional seminars that will be held around the state of Iowa during the next year. Please visit our website (www.ihbaonline.org) and consider joining the Alliance.